Code of Conduct
We promote a happy, friendly and safe space for our young people to be creative and in return we ask that all young people are polite and respectful of those around them. We will introduce students to our code of conduct and ensure all students understand why each point is important.
- Respect & include others
- Be polite & encourage each other
- Listen when others are speaking
- Express your ideas & reflect on them
- Co-operate within your team
- Respect the space you are in
- Always, always try your best
- Remember ‘Teamwork makes a dream work!’
We will always work to resolve any issues, however certain forms of behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances: bullying, swearing, fighting, stealing or vandalism. We must also ensure the safety of both students and staff and ask parents/ guardians to read the following rules;
- A polite manner, respect of others, promoting inclusivity is expected of all JK students
- Always ensure students are punctual and inform the JK team of any lateness.
- Due to time limitations, absences during show term (except for illness or family circumstances) will result in a role that is less demanding for the young person.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform the JK team of any existing injury, illness or other difficulty that could affect learning or performance.
- All showcase material to be learnt by deadlines given by JK staff.
- Food/ drink only to be consumed during designated break times. There is to be no sharing of food due to allergies and intolerances. Healthy snacks advised for breaks to encourage positive mental and physical learning.
- No use of canteens or vending machines on our sites.
- Accidents or breakages must be reported immediately.
- Mobile phones to be switched off or on silent during sessions.
- On leaving the school, we require the student to complete the term that they are currently in and ask that you provide us with at least a month’s notice.
- Students are only allowed in the designated teaching spaces and pick up/drop off points.
- Students must wear clothing and soft soled footwear that they can easily move in. No jewellery or unsuitable footwear will be allowed and will asked to be removed before any sessions for safety reasons.
- No chewing/ bubble gum at any time please.
- Please do not bring valuable items to sessions as we cannot be responsible should they be lost, stolen or damaged.